In preparation for Mass, you can find the daily readings at www.usccb.org/bible/readings .
We are blessed to see so many of you return to Mass. This has been also reflected in our progressively declining numbers in our online viewership. With that in mind, we will no longer record our Masses to post online.
Since Bishop Noonan’s dispensation has been lifted effective Palm Sunday, April 10, 2022, we look forward to seeing you back at Mass celebrating in fellowship with us.
If you do not feel well or are taking care of a loved one and are unable to attend Mass at the parish, here are some resources to help you celebrate Mass.
USCCB: Daily Readings: http://www.usccb.org/
EWTN Television: https://www.ewtn.com/tv
Catholics can make an Act of Spiritual Communion It has long been a Catholic understanding that when circumstances prevent one from receiving Holy Communion, it is possible to make an Act of Spiritual Communion which is a source of grace. Spiritual Communion means uniting one’s self in prayer with Christ’s sacrifice and worshiping Him in His Body and Blood.
The most common reason for making an Act of Spiritual Communion is when a person cannot attend Mass. Acts of Spiritual Communion increase our desire to receive sacramental Communion and help us avoid the sins that would make us unable to receive Holy Communion worthily.
An Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Resources are available to help the faithful remain in prayer and draw near to God.
• myParish App: Stay connected to all things Most Precious Blood by downloading the myParish App. See our messages, daily readings, reflections, & more. Simply text APP to 88202 or visit oviedocatholic.org/app.
* Faith Fit App: Tune into faith-filled podcasts by local Catholics plus special presentations featuring Catholic speakers, singers, musicians & more! Download the app at https://apps.apple.com/us/app/faith-fit-app/id1435157037
• Free Access to Give Us This Day: https://giveusthisday.org/Digital
o Prayer Resources: http://www.usccb.org/coronavirus
o Daily Readings: http://www.usccb.org/
• EWTN Television: https://www.ewtn.com/tv
• CCTN – the Catholic Community Television Network – is broadcast from a TV studio operated by Holy Family Parish in Orlando. CCTN televises the Sunday Mass and other spiritually enriching programs. The Mass is broadcast every Sunday from 2:00 pm. – 3:00 p.m. on WTGL-TV 45. This station is available on various channels, depending on your service provider. Please check with your service provider for details. CCTN also
utilizes online media avenues such as YouTube to showcase special productions, such as homilies from Holy Family Parish; short biographies of saints; and the reading of the Gospel, complete with images. Subscribe to the CCTN YouTube Channel by clicking here.
• Talk / Devotional English Adults – Divine Mercy Radio (WDMC 920 AM), an approved apostolate led by Bob Groppe, purchased a “fixer-upper” frequency and station in 2008. The majority of their programming is provided from EWTN and they also air locally produced programs. Their studio is located in Melbourne and their broadcast is heard in Brevard County and parts of Volusia and Orange counties (as well as two other counties outside of the Diocese of Orlando). They promote their apostolate as “Catholic Radio for Florida’s Space and Treasure Coast.” A priest of the diocese sits on the board of Divine Mercy Radio.
• Talk / Devotional English Adults – Relevant Radio
Eustis – 90.3 FM WIGW
Orlando – 1080 AM WHOO
Orlando – 1190 AM WAMT
Relevant Radio provides programming that speaks to the human condition, helping to bridge the gap between faith and everyday life. The network produces a variety of popular and exciting programs to help strengthen the family, solve everyday problems, and raise the heart and mind to God.
Word on Fire
Mass will be posted daily here.
Salt and Light Media
Streams Mass up to four times a day. Watch it online here.