Join us in the celebration of the Holy Mass. We will record and post Mass as often as possible. In preparation for viewing the recorded Mass, you can find the daily readings at www.usccb.org/bible/readings .
Sunday, October 25, 2020
Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Father Josh Swallows
If you would like to follow along with the songs and prayers for this Mass please Click Here
Domingo, 25 de octubre 2020
XXX Domingo del Tiempo Ordinario
Padre Josh Swallows y Diacono Juan Cruz
Si desea seguir junto con los cantos y oraciones para esta misa favor haga Clic aquí
We are blessed to see so many of you return to Daily Mass. This has been also reflected in our progressively declining numbers in our online viewership. With that in mind, we will no longer record our Daily Masses to post online. This will allow our Parish Staff to resume some of the duties that had been set aside due to the pandemic.
Since the Bishop Noonan’s dispensation is still in place, we will continue to record and post one of our English Sunday Masses and the Spanish Sunday Mass. We pray you and your family are staying safe. God Bless.
We ask you to please visit the Diocese of Orlando website or Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/orlandodiocese/ or https://stjamesorlando.org/ to celebrate Mass at St. James Cathedral. Livestream Mass is available daily from St. James Cathedral, the English Mass is celebrated at 9:00 am and the Spanish Mass is celebrated at 10:00 am, but the Masses can be accessed anytime during the day for your convenience. Stay safe and God Bless.
Catholics can make an Act of Spiritual Communion It has long been a Catholic understanding that when circumstances prevent one from receiving Holy Communion, it is possible to make an Act of Spiritual Communion which is a source of grace. Spiritual Communion means uniting one’s self in prayer with Christ’s sacrifice and worshiping Him in His Body and Blood.
The most common reason for making an Act of Spiritual Communion is when a person cannot attend Mass. Acts of Spiritual Communion increase our desire to receive sacramental Communion and help us avoid the sins that would make us unable to receive Holy Communion worthily.
An Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Resources are available to help the faithful remain in prayer and draw near to God. These resources are posted below and this list will be updated as necessary.
• myParish App: Stay connected to all things Most Precious Blood by downloading the myParish App. See our messages, daily readings, reflections, & more. Simply text APP to 88202 or visit oviedocatholic.org/app.
* Faith Fit App: Tune into faith-filled podcasts by local Catholics plus special presentations featuring Catholic speakers, singers, musicians & more! Download the app at https://apps.apple.com/us/app/faith-fit-app/id1435157037
• Free Access to Give Us This Day: https://giveusthisday.org/Digital
o Prayer Resources: http://www.usccb.org/coronavirus
o Daily Readings: http://www.usccb.org/
• EWTN Television: https://www.ewtn.com/tv
• CCTN – the Catholic Community Television Network – is broadcast from a TV studio operated by Holy Family Parish in Orlando. CCTN televises the Sunday Mass and other spiritually enriching programs. The Mass is broadcast every Sunday from 2:00 pm. – 3:00 p.m. on WTGL-TV 45. This station is available on various channels, depending on your service provider. Please check with your service provider for details. CCTN also
utilizes online media avenues such as YouTube to showcase special productions, such as homilies from Holy Family Parish; short biographies of saints; and the reading of the Gospel, complete with images. Subscribe to the CCTN YouTube Channel by clicking here.
• Talk / Devotional English Adults – Divine Mercy Radio (WDMC 920 AM), an approved apostolate led by Bob Groppe, purchased a “fixer-upper” frequency and station in 2008. The majority of their programming is provided from EWTN and they also air locally produced programs. Their studio is located in Melbourne and their broadcast is heard in Brevard County and parts of Volusia and Orange counties (as well as two other counties outside of the Diocese of Orlando). They promote their apostolate as “Catholic Radio for Florida’s Space and Treasure Coast.” A priest of the diocese sits on the board of Divine Mercy Radio.
• Talk / Devotional English Adults – Relevant Radio
Eustis – 90.3 FM WIGW
Orlando – 1080 AM WHOO
Orlando – 1190 AM WAMT
Relevant Radio provides programming that speaks to the human condition, helping to bridge the gap between faith and everyday life. The network produces a variety of popular and exciting programs to help strengthen the family, solve everyday problems, and raise the heart and mind to God.
Word on Fire
Mass will be posted daily here.
Salt and Light Media
Streams Mass up to four times a day. Watch it online here.